Sunday, June 19, 2011

Anddddddddd We're Back!


It's been a long, long (unannounced) hiatus. You can all (three of you) rest assured that my nine months away were productive and contributed to a great deal of growth.
My excuse, this time around, is simple enough: I was an RA (resident advisor) in the residence halls at my university. I won't say a whole lot about the things I dealt with (most of it stays confidential), but I will just say this: if you did not/do not appreciate your RA during your time in the dorms, take a moment to think about everything they did as part of their job. If they were any good, they spent nine months putting most of their energy into making your college experience enjoyable and safe, whilst also trying to help you learn and grow- creating bulletin boards, planning and implementing events, team-building, diversity discussions, enforcing policies, sitting in meetings, eating meals and spending time with residents, and teaching others about themselves and the world around them. All that while maintaining good grades, in some cases internships and other jobs, and (believe it or not) a social life.

To put it plainly, I've been pretty busy. If the next school year is at all easier than this past year, you'll be happy to know that after being an RA, I can surely find the time to read Nancy Drew books (like that's what I should be doing with my free time anyhow).

And now, let's get back to where we left off...

No comments:

Post a Comment