Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Things First

I'll start here: I have no idea what I'm doing.
In other words, I have a plan and I know precisely what I intend to do, but I'm a little concerned things will either get too crazy, or otherwise too insipid to continue.

Here's my plan:
175 Nancy Drew books (these are the ones that count- no Nancy Drew Files, Nancy Drew Notebooks, or Super Mysteries starring our girl sleuth and her friends the Hardy Boys)
I own 92 of these books and have read about 90.
Why stop there?

And so, my newest endeavor will involve collecting and owning all 175 books. It probably doesn't sound that interesting (unless you are/were a die-hard fan of the books, as I was from ages nine to thirteen). It probably does not sound that difficult, either- but considering so many of these books are now out of print, I have quite a task ahead of me.
You'll likely say this is a bit pathetic- a full-time college student reading Nancy Drew books? Couldn't she be doing something more productive with her life?

Apparently not.
So, in hopes that this won't be a lost cause, I will chronicle my many adventures with Nancy Drew. Stay tuned... (and if your name is Julie Powell, don't sue)

No comments:

Post a Comment